Ядро KernelCare и пользовательские ядра
Форум
  1. Forums
  2. KernelCare
  3. KernelCare General Discussion
  1. Christos Panagiotakis
  2. Tuesday, 25 October 2016
  3.  Subscribe via email
Reading this https://www.cloudlinux.com/kernelcare-blog/entry/custom-kernel-live-patching I thought something, I don\'t know if it sounds logical or viable, it\'s just a thought. Anyway,[br][br]Many of us use CloudLinux on our web hosting servers in combination with a panel like cPanel / Plesk / etc. [br][br]But we also have more servers, doing other jobs, like standalone mail servers, dedicated mysql servers, dns servers / clusters, custom backup servers or R1Soft or similar solutions, development boxes and/or servers that don\'t require panel or CloudLinux because they host only one or two big-huge sites.[br][br]Those servers are primarily something like Centos or Debian or Ubuntu basically. With no panel or any extra software.[br][br]How about providing a custom kernel as a company like a kernel using Grsecurity with all (or most) security features ( https://grsecurity.net/features.php ) of grsecurity enabled for those distros and live patch them too. So it\'s basically 2 in 1.
Rate this post:
  1. 25.10.2016 09:10:37
  2. # 1
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
GrSecurity ... sucks

1. It doesn\'t stop DirtyCow
2. It is not GPL (you cannot buy it/redistribute it with your kernel -- they don\'t want it to be GPL)

You are better off with KernelCare + SELinux / AppArmor
  1. 25.10.2016 10:10:57
  2. # 2
Votes
Undo
Sorry I didn\'t knew that (2), I imagined they are GPL since they mention it in downloads link.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
гость
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.