Ошибка загрузки с помощью облачного Linux, работающего на виртуальной машине KVM
Форум
  1. Forums
  2. General
  3. General Discussion
  1. Eric Merkel
  2. Wednesday, 31 December 2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
KVM snapshot backup
Rate this post:
  1. 31.12.2014 11:12:00
  2. # 1
Eric Merkel Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
I have a Cloud Linux server running inside a KVM virtual machine on proxmox 3.3 hypervisor. This is the first CL server we have run on this platform. We have many other Centos 6 and Windows Server 2008/2012 etc. The CL server runs fine is most instances. As soon as we do a VM snapshot backup which is using an underlying LVM backed storage to an NFS server, we start seeing a high load on the CL server. It looks like the system is simply waiting on IO and get's sluggish and sometimes causes SMTP/HTTP processes to timeout.

uname -a
Linux 2.6.32-531.29.2.lve1.3.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 06:49:17 EST 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linu

cat /etc/redhat-release
CloudLinux Server release 6.6 (Leonid Kizim)

Am I running the proper kernel? This is really unexpected because the VM should have no idea that the underlying hypervisor is taking a backup and it should be minimal IO for the hypervisor. We do not see these load issues on regular Centos or Windows systems or more highly loaded hypervisors.

I am looking for ideas and suggestions.

Best regards,
Eric
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
гость
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.