Форум
  1. Forums
  2. General
  3. General Discussion
  1. Darren Eckersley
  2. Sunday, 14 September 2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
Hi

I currently run a VPS, it's hardly using any of the resources available to it and CloudLinux keeps everything running smoothly.

It currently runs CentOS, cPanel and CloudLinux with about 10 accounts and my Munin graphs show idle CPU at over 300% and free memory around 500Mb (theres also 940Mb in cache).

My son is into Minecraft and at the moment I also pay for a Digital Ocean server, it's only $5 per month, but seeing as though I have all this spare resources on my main VPS I am wondering If I can also put Minecraft on there and use CloudLInux to ensure that Minecraft doesn't take more than say 1 CPU and 512 Mb of memory.  There's only ever him and a few of his mates that use it.

How would i go about doing this.  I am ok with installing and running Minecraft, I just want to know how CloudLinux would pick up the details.

Thanks in advance.
Darren
Rate this post:
  1. 18.09.2014 05:09:31
  2. # 1
Darren Eckersley Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Is anybody here, I think this is a normal question to ask,  can I get another user and it's resources controlled by CloudLinux, not necessarily restricted to Minecraft, could be any application.
  1. 19.09.2014 09:09:10
  2. # 2
Daniel Parvanov Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Never run Minecraft it's a java app not sure cloud linux control java...  As I understand  It's priciple is web server passes process to lve that way cpu is controlled it is valid for php and cgi scripts cloud linux is made for web hosting industry....

ps I heard that Minecraft servers get ddosed alot from kids so never put that on my production hosting servers ...
  1. 19.09.2014 10:09:41
  2. # 3
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Anything run as user through shell is automatically restricted - as long as user logs in using ssh, sudo or su.
This is controlled by /etc/pam.d/*.conf
pam_lve entries.
  1. 19.09.2014 17:09:10
  2. # 4
Darren Eckersley Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Thats good to know, does only cpanel users get monitored though ?  or if I create a user and launch the process under that user will cloudlinux lve pick it up ?
  1. 20.09.2014 12:09:55
  2. # 5
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
As long as user id > 500, it will work.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
гость
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.