Предпочтительные или поддерживаемые способы установки vmware-инструментов или open-vm-tools
Форум
  1. Forums
  2. General
  3. General Discussion
  1. Alain Gagnon
  2. Monday, 31 August 2015
  3.  Subscribe via email
Preferred or supported ways to install vmware tools or open-vm-tools
Rate this post:
  1. 31.08.2015 15:08:55
  2. # 1
Alain Gagnon Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi, we recently installed our first cpanel server with cloudlinux, and we are looking to install the vmware tools, or the open source open-vm-tools to facilitate monitoring and performance. I have not modified many settings yet, but compilation of the open tools is not our preferred option (and is disabled by default, I assume due to cagefs?)

CentOS with EPEL had the package available but I prefer not to modify repos before verifying what is usually the supported way to run vmware tools.

Thanks for your time!

-Alain
  1. 01.09.2015 01:09:26
  2. # 2
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi,

We recommend installing VMware tools from source actual install process is described here: http://kb.cloudlinux.com/2014/12/how-do-i-install-vmware-tools-improving-server-performance-when-on-vmware/

We never tried open-vm-tools , really not sure if they works well, but actually there should not be any difference with CentOS.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
гость
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.