Plesk and multiple versions of PHP (5.3+5.5), adding extensions for non-native PHP version
Forum
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and Plesk
  1. steinsgate
  2. 11.02.2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
Which is the best way (other than compiling) to install packages like php-soap and xdebug for the alternative PHP version ?
Rate this post:
  1. 11.02.2014 10:02:40
  2. # 1
steinsgate Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi,

I am trying to install a few modules for the alternative version of PHP (both enabled on Plesk, php 5.3 and 5.5) but If I install a package using yum it will be available only for PHP 5.3 (native version). But PHP 5.5 will not have it.

Is there a way to install php extensions for PHP5.5 using yum as well ? I try to avoid compiling, not because I have any problems compiling, it is just annoying and probably unnecessary and I would like to know how to do it the "cloudlinux" way.

I have also installed PHP Selector for Plesk, but it will only display current installed modules in the PHP extensions settings, so I cannot really enable soap or xdebug if it was not there. Am I missing something ?

Any comment or advice will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

OS CloudLinux Server 6.5 (Pavel Popovich) Plesk Panel version 11.5.30 Update #32, last updated at Feb 7, 2014 03:40 AM 

The system is up-to-date; last checked at Feb 9, 2014 03:37 AM
  1. 12.02.2014 05:02:26
  2. # 2
steinsgate Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Got the answer after re-reading documentation

yum groupinstall alt-php:

Then packages names are alt-phpXX-module
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.