Форум
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and cPanel
  1. Garry
  2. Saturday, 18 April 2015
  3.  Subscribe via email
Hi,

I am thinking about getting a 2GB VPS and then getting a cPanel license and maybe a CloudLinux license, but have some questions.

1. If I get ta 2 GB VPS and install CentOS 6.x and then get a cPanel license and set it all up, can I install CloudLinux at a later time?

2. Is it possible to use some of the CloudLinux features and limits but not all of them?

3. Is it possible to put CloudLinux on set cPanel/WHM packages?

4. Can I have different CloudLinux settings for different cPanel/WHM packages?

Regards,
Garry
Rate this post:
  1. 18.04.2015 13:04:35
  2. # 1
Steve Venter Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
1. Yes - you can install CL whenever you're ready
2. Yes, you can set whatever you don't want to limit to "unlimited"
3. No - you're running a different OS so you can't exclude some packages from Cloudlinux. You can, however, remove accounts from cagefs, not have any limits for some packages etc
4. Yes.
  1. 18.04.2015 13:04:18
  2. # 2
Richard Hordern Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hello,

I\'m not Cloudlinux support, just another user but I can answer your questions.

1. It\'s actually recommended to install CentOS + cPanel before converting to Cloudlinux.

2. You can disable any limits you want, we disable memory based and process based limits to not have issues with litespeed issues for example.

3. You can associate limits with packages, you don\'t have to set limits to each individual account. In the LVEManager section of cPanel you can set default limits per package.
4. Yes you can have different limits per package.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
гость
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.