Форум
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and cPanel
  1. Christos Panagiotakis
  2. Tuesday, 16 April 2013
  3.  Subscribe via email
Just wondering, is it possible in the near future
to sel ect php handler with the same way as we select php version fr om selector? (or other way)

For example, virtualmin does it, and I can choose if I want mod_php, cgi or fcgi per domain/account.

Is (or \"Will\";) something like this be possible ?
Rate this post:
  1. 16.04.2013 18:04:05
  2. # 1
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Why would we do something like that?
1. mod_php is not safe for shared hosting
2. I don\'t think user should have a choice between suExec and mod_fcgid. I believe it should be up to provider.
  1. 16.04.2013 18:04:01
  2. # 2
Votes
Undo
I expressed it wrong I am sorry :-)

It's not user's decision, it's doable from the admin panel (in virtualmin).
(I said mod_php as example)

I didn't meant that user may have option in this, I meant if as an admin can change specific
users to another handler. 
  1. 16.04.2013 18:04:17
  2. # 3
Votes
Undo
We will probably still not do it, as it is more of a \'control panel\' thing.
Like Plesk can do it. Not sure about cPanel. As you have said -- Virtualmin can.
We tend not to change apache configuration, especially on a per customer bases - as that has a chance to complete with control panels.

Also, PHP Selector will not work with mod_php -- for everything else, PHP Selector should be fine, no matter if user runs PHP as suPHP, FCGID or CGI
  1. 16.04.2013 18:04:11
  2. # 4
Votes
Undo
For example, I got a server with 180+ accounts running with fastcgi but a few 
they die. Instakill. They just don't play.

Second server, the same. 120 accounts, 2 of them dies. No obvious errors, just a:

(104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server
[warn] [client 2.86.28.18] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer: 

I tried messing around with fcgid settings, timeouts, idletimeout, processes, ProcessLifeTime, etc 
and still there are a bunch of sites, others very old software and others custom made, weird evil stuff
that they refuse to work correct.

So I gathered them to a server running suPHP.
(And now I have peace on mind, anyway).

With something like that I could just turn the 2-3-5 evil scripts that don't work to suPHP
and not waste a server only for them.
  1. 16.04.2013 19:04:19
  2. # 5
Votes
Undo
I understand the issue, but php handler is managed by control panel, and we try to interfere as little as possible with control panels.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
гость
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.