Cloud Linux, Inc. (“CloudLinux”) respects the privacy of anyone who uses the CloudLinux website (www.cloudlinux.com).
CloudLinux collects personal information when you:
- create a user account;
- make online purchases;
- register products online;
- request support for CloudLinux products;
- request information or materials from CloudLinux;
- participate in surveys and evaluations;
- submit questions or comments to CloudLinux.
The types of personal information collected may include your name and/or your company’s name; your home, billing, or other physical address; your email address; your telephone number; information that permits CloudLinux to make physical or online contact with you; your CloudLinux username and password; credit card account information; and any information that CloudLinux collects online from you and maintains in association with your account.
Use of Personal Information
CloudLinux uses the personal information you provide to:
- create and maintain your accounts; process, fulfill, and follow-up on your orders;
- register your products; answer your questions; send you information;
- and send you surveys.
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account and the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service, and to personalize communications.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Unless you consent, CloudLinux will not share the personal information you provide except as follows:
- as may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing/credit card processing, to provide service, and for e-mail housing (as a consequence of uses already described in this Privacy Statement;
- as required by law (such as responding to a valid subpoena, warrant, audit, or action or to prevent fraud); for research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report);
- in the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (subject to a confidentiality agreement under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
Your Choices about Receiving Email
CloudLinux makes every effort to provide you with the ability to opt-in and opt-out of receiving communications from CloudLinux and/or its partners.
CloudLinux may send you email about your account, about the products you have purchased, or in response to your questions. CloudLinux may also send you email with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate that you do not want to receive such information. In addition, with your consent, our business partners may send you such information.
You may let us know whether or not you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials from CloudLinux or our business partners when you create an account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you email.
You may opt-out of any of CloudLinux’s direct marketing communications at any time. All promotional email sent from CloudLinux will contain an option to decline receiving future promotional email.
Cookies and Other Browser Information
Cookies are files web browsers place on a computer’s hard drive. They are used to help CloudLinux authenticate clients and provide timesaving shortcuts and preferences. CloudLinux uses a persistent encrypted cookie, if the client requests, to save and retrieve individual authentication information as well as other client device preferences. When a visitor follows a link to the CloudLinux website from a partner or promotion, CloudLinux stores information about that partner or promotion in a session cookie. Acceptance of these cookies is optional. CloudLinux issues a mandatory session cookie to each user of services only to record encrypted authentication information for the duration of a specific session. If you reject this cookie, access to and usage of the services will be denied.
CloudLinux’s Commitment to Data Security
CloudLinux has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data under its control. Our website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your personal information when you send your personal information on our website. In addition, CloudLinux enters into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precaution to be taken to prevent loss, misuse, or disclosure of your personal information.
Third Party Sites
CloudLinux’s website contains links to other websites. CloudLinux is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. You must check the policy statement of these other websites to understand their policies. If you access a linked site, you may be disclosing your private information. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
How to Access, Modify or Update Your Information
CloudLinux gives you the ability to access, modify or update your information at any time. You may log in and make changes to your login information (change your password), your contact information, your general preferences and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided.