3.  Subscribe via email
Check for, but don't apply, kernelcare updates
Rate this post:
  1. 18.12.2015 14:12:27
  2. # 1
Scott Mutter Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Is there a way to get Kernelcare to just check and see if an update is available?  Don't apply the update, just see if an update is available.

I had an issue with the latest 2.6.32-573.12.1.el6.x86_64+ update caused (or at least I suspect) a couple of servers to lock up.  I went ahead and disabled auto updates on other servers, because I didn't want them locking up either (FWIW - some servers did update without any lock ups).

If I could script this to run a check and see if an update is available, then I can apply the update when I see fit - in case it does cause a server lock up.

But I don't see of any command-line options to kcarectl that just CHECKS to see if an update is available.  All I see are options for "check for update and apply if necessary"
  1. 21.12.2015 08:12:04
  2. # 2
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Sorry about your issues.
We just added this param (after you posted this message)

Update kernelcare (yum update kernelcare) to version 2.4-1 (latest)
Then run:
kcarectl --check
Details are here:
http://docs.kernelcare.com/index.html?kcarectl.htm
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.