1. Forums
  2. Imunify360
  3. Imunify360 and Imunify Sensor
  1. Steve Venter
  2. Thursday, 04 July 2019
  3.  Subscribe via email
Manage CSF Events and Lists
in the beta
What exactly does this do? I've seen nothing change with it enabled?
Rate this post:
  1. 04.07.2019 15:07:42
  2. # 1
Greg Zemskov Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hello,
when enabled, it will stop pulling blacklisted IP from CSF and use them for Imunify Grey List.

In general, it will stop listening to the events from CSF (unsubscribe from them).
  1. 04.07.2019 16:07:43
  2. # 2
Steve Venter Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Thank you for your response. I don't understand why you would want that?
Adding blacklist to Imunify360 greylist is a good idea.

The explanation says "Lets Imunify360 manage CSF events and IP lists"
So if I tick it, then Imunify360 WILL manage CSF events and IP lists ?

You said that when enabled (ticked) it will STOP pulling blacklisted Its from CSF.

And also, what exactly does "manage CSF events an IP lists mean?

If there is documentation and explanation for this somewhere, I would really appreciate a link to it.
  1. 04.07.2019 16:07:44
  2. # 3
Votes
Undo
By default, Imunify360 installed along with CSF, takes control over blacklist and whitelists of CSF, e.g. it imports blacklisted ips from CSF and adds them to the GreyList of Imunify.
Sometimes customers want to keep that list management separately (CSF will continue managing their blacklist and whitelist) and Imunify360 - its lists, so now we allow them doing that. They need just to disable the option "Manage CSF Events and Lists". By default, this option is on, so if you're happy with default flow, then you don't need to do anything with the option.
  1. 04.07.2019 17:07:07
  2. # 4
Steve Venter Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Thank you.
"By default, this option is on"
When I upgraded to beta, this option was OFF (not selected)
So if I tick it, then it is ENABLED, then Imunify360 will import blacklisted Its?
  1. 05.07.2019 08:07:28
  2. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hi Steve,
I've just checked the workflow with our dev team. The defaults are: ON upon upgrade and OFF for all new installation. Thus if you install it from scratch, then it is OFF. For existing customers we keep it ON by default to leave existing behavior unchanged.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.