Forum
  1. Forums
  2. Imunify360
  3. Imunify360 and Imunify Sensor
  1. Anonymous User
  2. Wednesday, May 17, 2017
  3.  Subscribe via email
Hello,

I've been using a paid version of imunify for more than two weeks now that covers all the websites on my server, and that's after my 1 month of a trial period. I also have a Bruteforce Attack monitor on some of the websites on my server that shows the time & IP of the attack.

During my time with imunify, I've noticed that it stops for no obvious reason (no, it was running as a service and it continuous to run after exiting SSH for a day or two), and I need to restart the service manually every 1-2 days. Also, my Bruteforce Attack monitor is proof that imunify is not working since the IPs don't get blocked or reported on the incidents' list, and this is not just an incident reporting issue since the Bruteforce Attack monitor shows the number & time of the attempts that were not blocked by imunify which coincides with the daily imunify "black-outs".

I've contacted support previously regarding this issue, and provided them with the credentials to access my server after providing them with the results of some commands, but they accessed my server from an unlisted IP address which is different from the ones that they should be using. It might be another legitimate IP they use, but its not the one's they provided me and its not one of the IPs displayed on your website for support staff use. They were honest about accessing it from that IP after confronting them about it, but provided no explanation of why they used it instead of ones they provided me in the first place. It looked shady to me and I chose to block that IP address and changed the credentials.

I'm not looking for a solution right now since I'm restarting the service almost daily myself, and since I'm not considering providing your support staff with my server's credentials again. I just thought to report the problem here and see if others experience it, and hopefully the development guys figure out the cause and a solution for it in future releases.

Regards.

Z.A.
Rate this post:
  1. 19.05.2017 08:05:12
  2. # 1
Alexander Z Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hello, thank you for your feedback.
Please, accept our apologies about the issue with accessing your server from unknown IP!

Regarding, the problem with Imunify360's unexpected stops, it seems that some other process is constantly killing Imunify360. It's a first time we face such problem.

To troubleshoot the issue, please provide us with doctor key "imunify360-agent doctor", when you find Imunify360 stopped. Please, send the key to [email protected] and imunify360's developers will investigate the problem shortly.

Thanks!

Regards,
Alexander, Imunify360 developer
  1. 23.05.2017 18:05:42
  2. # 2
Zaid Accepted Answer
Hello,

The issue seems to have been fixed by my server management team after bringing it to their attention. imunify has been running for several days now without any problems.

I have another issue now. It seems to be about an IP/license conflict issue when imunify tries to update kernel via cron, I get this message:

"The IP XX.XX.XX.XX was already used for trialing on 2017-05-03"

I have a different paid license now for the same IP since I had a problem when trying to convert the trial license into a paid one.

Any ideas of how to resolve the issue?

Regards,

Z.A.
  1. 25.05.2017 06:05:01
  2. # 3
Votes
Undo
It's great that issue with sudden Imunif360 stops has been resolved. Could you, please, mention what caused the problem? Did any other software kill Imunify360 timed to time? This information could be useful for other Imunify360 users.

Regarding you question about KernelCare license:
Imunify360 goes with a valid KernelCare license. If you want to apply it, you could reinstall KernelCare from Imunify360's UI in WHM plugin. After that, the Imunify360's license will be applied for KernelCare.
In additional, you could write to the [email protected] and get detailed information about your licenses.

Thanks!

Regards,
  1. 05.06.2017 13:06:20
  2. # 4
Zaid Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Just to update. The issue is still ongoing.

I've contacted support and provided them with the "doctor" command key, which was pointless since they concluded that something was killing imunify. They have asked to access my server which I'm still not comfortable with, so I haven't provided access to them.

So, imunify still freezes every 2-3 days, the doctor's key was worthless, and I need to manually restart imunify accordingly.

Hope someone finds a solution for this issue.

Regards,

Z.A.
  1. 06.06.2017 07:06:54
  2. # 5
Votes
Undo
Hello, Zaid.

Unfortunately, we haven't faced similar issue before. Hence, we need just more information to resolve your issue.

Are you using any process monitoring software on your server? We guess some 3rd party software just killing imunify360 every 2-3 days.

Thanks!

Regards,
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.