Does Imunify360 protect against encoded PHP codes?
Forum
  1. Forums
  2. Imunify360
  3. Imunify360 and Imunify Sensor
  1. ImanGM
  2. Friday, 05 July 2019
  3.  Subscribe via email
Hello!

One of my clients asked me to install SourceGuardian on the server. I'm not sure if Imunify360 will protect the server against any malware or malicious files encoded via SourceGuardian, ionCube or Zend Optimizer or not?

Is it safe to install these code encoder plugins on a server which is protected by Imunify360?

Thank you
Iman
Rate this post:
  1. 08.07.2019 08:07:47
  2. # 1
Greg Zemskov Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hello!
"Is it safe to install these code encoder plugins on a server which is protected by Imunify360?"
It is safe to install the encoder plugins unless they're legitimate extensions of php, i.e. you downloaded from original website / compiled them from original sources.

"I'm not sure if Imunify360 will protect the server against any malware or malicious files encoded via SourceGuardian, ionCube or Zend Optimizer or not"
Generally, Imunify360 protects against any type of php malware via Proactive Defense (at opcode level), but the malware encoded by SourceGuardian, ionCube or Zend Optimizer might require specific settings. Let me check it with our R&D team and I get back to you with the answer.
  1. 15.07.2019 09:07:11
  2. # 2
ImanGM Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi,

So, I'll wait for any updates from R&D team.

Thank you very much!
Iman
  1. 15.07.2019 13:07:02
  2. # 3
Greg Zemskov Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi Iman,
I talked to our R&D team on the Proactive Defense. It can detect malicious execution flow disregarding the fact it's encrypted or not. We've got opcode handler that is working at the lowest level so it can handle all of them. Doesn't matter whether the file is encoded/encrypted or not, the execution flow will be the same and we can catch it if it's malicious.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.