Getting Started Guide for Newbies
Forum
  1. Forums
  2. General
  3. General Discussion
  1. Neil Owrutsky
  2. Tuesday, 13 January 2015
  3.  Subscribe via email
Things you wish you had known when starting off (CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, cPanel)
Rate this post:
  1. 13.01.2015 12:01:56
  2. # 1
Neil Owrutsky Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hello fr om the Philippines:

Props and respect to Igor for attempting to build a better hosting OS. A truly monumental undertaking. Salamat po.

Ditto for the many customers who have taken the time to post answers to questions in this forum. There is a plethora of useful information here. I\'d like to take a stab at organizing some of it into a start-up guide to make this information more accessible to newcomers. I would be happy to attempt to curate the information you believe to be most needed by new system admins to configure and and manage a finely tuned CloudLinux hosting environment if the more experienced members will bird dog the topics and resources.

I am particularly interested in configuration issues which involve multiple products from multiple vendors as these are the hardest for the individual vendors to address in their own documentation. It sure would be nice to be able to apply the command factory pattern to documentation, eh?

I\'ll create a wiki if necessary to make the info. accessible. My hosting environment is CL, LS and CP so please forgive my bias.

Simply post-up links that you think are helpful and I\'ll sort them out. You are not limited to topics hosted on cloudlinux.com -- if you know of a good blog article hosted elsewh ere please mention. Picture those before and after pictures in the weight loss/body building ads. Turn your flabby configuration into the guy with 6-pack abs.
  1. 13.01.2015 19:01:17
  2. # 2
Neil Owrutsky Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Before the best practices documentation thread was available, Kwai Chang Caine was constantly whining in the various forums.

"Master Igor, why am I unable to comprehend the interaction between CloudLinux, Litespeed and WHM? I long to travel to the Philippines, setup a hosting company to serve the poor, and [S]boink [/S]marry a beautiful Filipina."

To which the patient Igor would always respond:

"Grasshopper, when you can snatch the license key from my hand, you will be ready to leave. The wisdom you seek is in the various vendor documentation and forums. Apply yourself diligently and you will be thusly rewarded."

Years passed. The forums grew thick with postings. Caine became depressed. [to be continued]
  1. 14.01.2015 11:01:52
  2. # 3
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Neil,

We would be happy to provide any info/guides you might need.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.