Revert to CentOS
Forum
  1. Forums
  2. General
  3. General Discussion
  1. Maciej Wójcikowski
  2. Tuesday, 10 August 2010
  3.  Subscribe via email
Is it possible (I guess it should be easy) to revert back to CentOS after the trial is over? I use LSWS and I\'d like to see how it works with CloudLinux under real load. Is there any improvements in kernel performance?
Rate this post:
  1. 10.08.2010 09:08:51
  2. # 1
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Yes, use centos2cl tool:

# centos2cl -c
After that you need to manually remove CloudLinux kernel (rpm -e kernel-xxx, centos2cl will provide the command). We just don\'t want to remove kernel via script...

If you have any troubles -- ping me. I cannot say the script is used often, but few people/companies tested it.
  1. 10.08.2010 21:08:12
  2. # 2
Peter Abraham Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Greetings Maciej Wójcikowski:

We used the revert when we ran into an issue where we needed help to move forward.

The revert did work well; though you may need to double check and/or reload the previous kernel through yum (before installation just write down the "uname -a" and look at /etc/grub.conf for the kernel being used).

Igor provides great support for CloudLinux, and has helped us extensively through some issues; some of which turned out to have absolutely nothing to do with CloudLinux.

I'll end here, but if you haven't guessed, we believe in the product; and Igor and his team can be trusted to support it beyond expecations.

Thank you.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.