Forum
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and Plesk
  1. John Shiells
  2. Monday, April 27, 2015
  3.  Subscribe via email
Hello.

I am trying to get CL to fix this issue but i am being told it has not been reported by enough people for them to bother.   
however I am sure that if any CL+Plesk user looks into this everyone will be having this bug as i am seeing it on all 9 of my CL+Plesk servers

if you are having the issue i describe below, I am requesting you open your own tickets as well as vote for this to be fixed.
https://cloudlinux.uservoice.com/forums/269295-general/suggestions/7694481-plesk-service-plan-add-on-s-being-treated-as-servi

In Plesk, Service Plans "Add-on's" are being treated as "Service plans" by the LVE Manager.
This is causing issues with Add-ons that are using LVE defaults that end up overriding package values set for service plans.

Example:
Default CPU set to 250%
Hosting plan bronze is set to 25%
Add-on for Plesk called (add 1 email account) is overriding the bronze LVE package stetting and bumping the bronze customers back up to 250% CPU

going the other way does not fix the problem

Example:
Default CPU set to 25%
Hosting plan gold is set to 250%
Add-on for Plesk called (add 1 email account) is overriding the bronze LVE package stetting and bumping the bronze customers down to 25% CPU instead of leaving them at 250%
to fix this, the LVE package manager scraper needs to ignore Plesk Service Plans Add-ons and not treat them as Plesk Service plans.

Please check this out for yourself, make a ticket, and vote.   This is a silly bug.... not a feature request... I just want CL to make this run as expected.

Thanks
Rate this post:
  1. 23.06.2016 19:06:11
  2. # 1
John Keegan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Is this still an issue John? It sounds like selling Plesk add ons, something I was hoping to do, would interfere with our ability to sell additional CPU resources via Cloudlinux... Is there any workaround?
  1. 06.07.2016 16:07:24
  2. # 2
John Shiells Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hello John Keegan,

yes this issue is fixed now and works fantastic where add-ons are not treated as service plans and ignored by lve manager

you do not have the ability to sell additional resources as add-ones in plesk.

in my view, for shared hosting, if you need more then you need a VPS,  the limits are to prevent people from killing your server, i don't think they were ever designed to be treated as a up sale add-on. 
  1. 10.07.2016 22:07:52
  2. # 3
John Keegan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
OK thanks for that update, John Shiells. Very helpful.

I think I understand what you mean about it not being possible to sell additional LVE resources (CPU, processes, etc.) as add-ons in Plesk, but it still should be possible to create a separate Service Plan and alter its LVE limits, no?

Totally understand about the best upsell being VPS but sometimes you want to give the client a bridge between shared hosting and VPS, especially since the pricing is usually a big gap... I thought I heard Igor mentioning on one of the webcasts that additional limits as an upsell was one of the supported use cases  ...
  1. 19.01.2017 11:01:39
  2. # 4
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Test reply as of 2017-01-19 . :p
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.