3.  Subscribe via email
Upcomming EasyApache 4 Announcement
Rate this post:
  1. 30.01.2017 15:01:18
  2. # 1
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
What i must choose? multiphp or php selector?

As you are asking this on CloudLinux forum - better to use our PHP-Selector ! :)
  1. 30.01.2017 08:01:10
  2. # 2
Hary Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
What i must choose? multiphp or php selector?
  1. 26.12.2016 13:12:27
  2. # 3
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Good to hear that! Thanks for the follow up.
  1. 26.12.2016 11:12:51
  2. # 4
Scott Mutter Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Just to close out about the issues I was experiencing.  I was able to fix mine by running EasyApache3 prior to attempting the conversion script.  Apparently I'm missing something from EA3 and recompiling everything from EA3 puts all of that in place.  I do have to rerun the enable enable mod_lsapi stuff after running EA3 and make sure everything is still using mod_lsapi before running the EA4 conversion script.  And I do have to rerun the mod_lsapi enable stuff after the EA4 conversion.  But it's all fairly seamless.
  1. 26.12.2016 03:12:09
  2. # 5
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi,

You still need alt-php packages installed to be available from our PHP-Selector page. It\'s a bit confusing, however, you will get two PHP-selectors, one from cPanel, called \'Multiple PHP manager\' which works only with ea-php* packages, and one from us \'Select PHP version\' which works with alt-php* packages. Recommend you disabling one from WHM > Feature Manager.

Litespeed is supported with EA4 and our selector, but yes it still needs alt-php packages.
  1. 22.12.2016 21:12:29
  2. # 6
Saeed M Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi Bogdan,

I am in middle of a server migration and the new servers are setup as fresh installs of cpanel/cloudlinux. One thing seems not to be working for me. We need PHP selector but when I have EA4 in place and go to cpanel->php selector I do not see any old versions installed. I believe with EA4, I should not yum group install alt-php packages used to be for php selector. What am I missing?

We are also aiming to have LiteSpeed installed on our servers but not yet installed, so is EA4 compatible with LiteSpeed? Do I need to install alt-php packages for LiteSpeed ?

Regards.
  1. 16.12.2016 02:12:44
  2. # 7
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Strange to hear that, we already had a bunch number of successfull convertions to EA4. I would like to check the issue, do you have any ticket created with us already?
  1. 13.12.2016 21:12:37
  2. # 8
Scott Mutter Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
I wouldn't give you a dime for this EA4 conversion

Tried twice, and it's mucked up both times.  This time everything changed back to native (?) PHP, PHP version 5.4.  PHP 5.4 isn't even installed.

I'm just going to give up on this whole piece of crap.  MAJOR PITA.
  1. 13.12.2016 13:12:34
  2. # 9
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
It depends from server to server, however, usually conversion process takes ~20 minutes. Yes, apache is down just few moments during the conversion. Suppose not more then for 1 minute.
  1. 10.12.2016 17:12:50
  2. # 10
John Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
How long does the conversion from ea3 to ea4 take?

Will apache be down during the conversion?

thx
  1. 29.10.2016 09:10:03
  2. # 11
Karl Fleming Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
If you are using CloudLinux alt-php, log into the cPanel for that user, go to the Select PHP Version tools and check the ioncube_loader extension, and save the extension set.

If you do not see the ioncube_loader extension, log into a root terminal and run
yum groupinstall alt-php
and that should install all the missing extensions.

If you are using the cPanel PHP Selector ...... I have no idea !! :(
  1. 27.10.2016 15:10:47
  2. # 12
Jon Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Great thank you for your help! I have upgraded [php 7] although I have an issue. The response I receive from one of the accounts is:

Site error: the file /home/####/public_html/####/####/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

But I can\'t find ionCube 7?
How can I fix this?
  1. 27.10.2016 14:10:43
  2. # 13
Votes
Undo
Hi Fusionhost,

See http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.html?selectorctl.html  for instruction about using selectorctl to check each users eg
/usr/bin/selectorctl --help

Or alternately, go through each users cPanel one by one (yawn), and check them in the "Select PHP Version"  pages
  1. 27.10.2016 13:10:39
  2. # 14
Jon Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi Karl,

[quote]I first ensured that no user was using a \'native\' PHP version in LVE Manager, and that indeed, the native option had been disable in the Selector tab[/quote]

[color=#666666]I\'m in the \'Selecctor Tab\' now and the default PHP version is 5.6 (native) at the moment. I can\'t figure out how to check a users PHP version, how/where do I this? There is no \'Native\' tick box in my screen.
[/color]

[QUOTE]I then logged into a root terminal and ran the command[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming the command.
  1. 27.10.2016 13:10:53
  2. # 15
Richard Hordern Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
If I were you I would disable EA4 PHP version selector and EA4 PHP.ini editor in the feature manager and disable natve PHP in PHP Selector.

Both alt-php and EA4 and work side by side without issues. However it\'s more complicated for users to have both at the same time.
We currently have EA3 + alt-php on our production servers with the native cPanel PHP version disabled so users can only pick alt-php versions.

We are going to wait until the move to EA4 is obligatory as EA4 doesn\'t improve anything rearly, espacially if you disable all EA4 cPanel front end features so your users only have alt-php.

We will only concider reenableing EA4 features if cPanel and Cloudlinux integrate both products so you can use PHP Selector to configure the PHP modules, and options and EA4 tools to select the PHP version of domains.
  1. 27.10.2016 13:10:07
  2. # 16
Ryan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Wow it looks like this has been quite a ride getting this all figured out.  I appreciate all the work the CL people have put in on this.  I know how tough it can be to have to rely on an outside company and deal with all their quirks.  Plus needing to know all the millions of ways their customers use and configure their product is no small task.  So I can understand why it's taken so long to perfect it.  Personally, I'm glad they didn't rush it out and took the time to get it done as well as possible. 

Luckily for me I am able to get this set up right now before we have real accounts on the servers.  It seems like most of the bugs have been worked out, so I'm pretty confident things will go smoothly.  However I do want to clarify a few things regarding alt-php and EA4....

We have 2 servers, 1 that needs to support php 5.3 and that will start out at php 7.0.  The guys at our datacenter strongly recommended not going to EA4 a little over a month ago.  If I understood right, they made it sound like it was not even possible for our server that needs to support 5.3.  But based on what I'm reading here, EA4 should work fine with alt-php and that would allow for php 5.3.  If I'm wrong on that can someone correct me?

Then for our new server, is there any advantage to starting it out with alt-php if it will be all new accounts that are php 7?  Both servers are pretty standard CL setups: CL 6.8, cageFS, mod_lsapi.
  1. 27.10.2016 12:10:02
  2. # 17
Votes
Undo
The instructions I used were from [url]http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.html?cpanel_easyapache_4.html[/url]

Specifically,

• I first ensured that no user was using a \'native\' PHP version in LVE Manager, and that indeed, the native option had been disable in the Selector tab
  • I then logged into a root terminal and ran the command
    cd ~; wget https://repo.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux/sources/cloudlinux_ea3_to_ea4; sh cloudlinux_ea3_to_ea4 --convert
  • Follow the instructions :D
  1. 27.10.2016 10:10:55
  2. # 18
Jon Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hi,

I'm pretty certain I have missed something as I cannot find the instructions on how to migrate properly. 

- Cloud Linux 6.8
- WHM 60
- EasyApache 3 and 4

WHM has a migration tool 'EasyApache 4 Migration' but my server provider advised against using it.

The warnings that I receive at the start (I haven't gone past this section):

Pre-flight check result.

Cpanel Migrate Blocker (Cpanel)

Cpanel evaluates known issues such as network connectivty
  • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::PHP5::MailHeaders” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
  • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::Fileprotect” ignored since it does not have an RPM.
  • Warning: “Cpanel::Easy::Apache::Access” ignored since it does not have an RPM.

Do you have any advice?
  1. 12.10.2016 04:10:45
  2. # 19
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
The above issues are fixed in latest beta package, just released: https://www.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux-os-blog/entry/beta-mod-lsapi-updated-1-9

We will try to move it from beta to stable really fast, however as of now after converting servers to EA4 if mod_lsapi and PHP-Selector used you have to update lsapi to beta also:
yum update liblsapi liblsapi-devel --enablerepo=cloudlinux-updates-testing
yum update ea-apache24-mod_lsapi --enablerepo=cl-ea4-testing
service httpd restart
  1. 10.10.2016 09:10:50
  2. # 20
Mike Tindor Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
When I did the conversion, I definitely used

sh cloudlinux_ea3_to_ea4 --convert --mod_lsapi --altphp

At this time I don't have any issue with the Apache working directory of /etc/apache2.   I simply had forgotten that the working directory would change.   (and I apologize for erroneously referencing the working directory as /etc/httpd above).

Even though I ran the converter with the options above, it didn't make mod_lsapi function serverwide until I changed the MultiPHP handler from SuPHP to CGI.

After the fact [this morning], I did "manually" attempt to enable mod_lsapi by running:

/usr/bin/switch_mod_lsapi --setup
/usr/bin/switch_mod_lsapi --enable-global
service httpd restart
After I did this, it behaved very differently:

1.   mod_lsapi is enabled serverwide
2.   Changing MultiPHP handler to/from SuPHP to CGI makes no difference
3.   BUT:

Now PHP Selector is not operational and it is using the System PHP version from MultiPHP

(this server has ONE version of PHP installed in MultiPHP, PHP 5.6).    PHP 5.6 is set as the System PHP.    All domains under the migrated account are set to "inherit"

So, PHP Selector / alt-php should be functioning but are not.    Instead the hosting account is using the MultiPHP version.   This should not be happening.   And this only happeneed after manually running the switch_mod_lsapi commands.

I can tell the language barrier is difficult.   The way I explain things is not clear, and I apologize for that.   I'm doing the best I can.

I have an open ticket with CL, and have provided information to access the server as well as the test hosting account inside that ticket.  I'd ask that somebody take a further look.

a.   bore running switch_mod_lsapi, PHP Selector / alt-php was active for the hosted account and mod_lsapi worked as long as MultiPHP handler was set to CGI

b.   After running switch_mod_lsapi, PHP Selector / alt-php is not active for the hosted account and mod_lsapi works serverwide indepedent of the MultiPHP handler setting

c.   What should be happening is

* PHP Selector / alt-php should be functioning for the hosted account
* mod_lsapi shoudl work serverwide independent of MultiPHP handler settings

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.