Forum
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and cPanel
  1. Craig Shrimpton
  2. Tuesday, 14 December 2010
  3.  Subscribe via email
All,

I\'m testing out CloudLinux with cPanel/WHM. CPanel works fine, but Apache doesn\'t serve any content on port 80. It returns a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable. This occurs whether LVE is enabled or not and when LVE is enabled, no LVEs are listed in /proc/lve/list. Not sure if it\'s Apache or something LVE is doing.

Any ideas? As I said, cPanel works so it is available to serve up pages. Also, httpd.conf shows the virtual host was created and the module is loaded (lsmod | grep lve)

FYI: I made three changes fr om the base vps.net images. I did a yum update, installed Fantastico and activated ioncube loaders so Fantastico would work with cPanel.

Thanks.

Here is the error:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlim ited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 Server at http://www.lexipress.com Port 80
Rate this post:
  1. 14.12.2010 07:12:32
  2. # 1
Craig Shrimpton Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Followup - If I comment out the hostinglimits module in Apache the sites start working. I assume doing this defats the purpose of using CloudLinux.

Thanks,

Craig
  1. 14.12.2010 08:12:36
  2. # 2
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Could you contact our support, and provide us with access -- we will try to fix it.
Also, check if you have cpanel-lve is installed.
rpm -qa cpanel-lve
should show that.
if it is not installed, try running:
yum install cpanel-lve
That might fix the issue.
  1. 14.12.2010 09:12:37
  2. # 3
Craig Shrimpton Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Cpanel-lve was not installed. As soon as I added it, everything started working. I will contact vps.net and let them know their Cloudlinux/cPanel template is broken.

Thanks for the quick fix!
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.