Forum
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and cPanel
  1. C Sta
  2. Wednesday, 09 July 2014
  3.  Subscribe via email
Hello!

Now some sites make high load and I have big problems with my customers.
I bough many CloudLinux licenses to prevent that but I see he didn\'t do what CL say.

When a customer use all allocated resources I want to show \"Resource usage limited\" not the website very very slow.

How can I block this spikes?

Many thanks!
Rate this post:
  1. 09.07.2014 08:07:49
  2. # 1
Bogdan Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Hello,

There are many limits and they acts differently when resoruce limit is reached:
- if user hits CPU limit processes within that limit are slowed down
- when LVE tries to allocate more memory (virtual memory) then a limit - the process will fail, for CGI/PHP scripts it will cause error 500 or 503
- same for physical memory limit
- when IO limit is reached the processes are throttled (put to sleep), and last longer
- when NPROC limit is reached no new processes can be created, apache will return error 500 or 503
- when entry process limit is reached website will show error 508 (Resource limit reched)

This is how CloudLinux works, and actually that is correct way to handle all limits.
  1. 17.07.2014 05:07:23
  2. # 2
C Sta Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Yes, teoretical is correct. But practical I have many times load more 100.... and in this time very very rarely error 500/503/Resource Limit Reached.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.
By submitting the response, you agree with Cloudlinux Privacy Policy