Forum
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and cPanel
  1. bettinz
  2. Saturday, 01 June 2013
  3.  Subscribe via email
Hello, i've reader here:
https://forums.cpanel.net/f185/solutions-handling-symlink-attacks-202242-p23.html#post1397221

Filesystem level solutions (best choices):

mod_ruid + jailshell [RECOMMENDED]cPanel & WHM 11.38 Release Notes
Upside: Very easy to enable, just recompile apache + enable in tweak settings and you are done.
Downside: Requires cPanel 11.38 (RELEASE soon), doesn't scale well on CentOS5/RHEL5 (ok if < 256 users), requires mod_ruid2, marked EXPERIMENTAL

cagefs [RECOMMENDED]: CloudLinux Documentation
Upside: Available on all cPanel supported platforms today, already included with CloudLinux
Downside: Nominal fee (requires CloudLinux), requires cagefsctl --update when changes are made
So mod_ruid + jailshell (in 11.38) and cagefs are the same things? 

Thank you
Rate this post:
  1. 01.06.2013 05:06:18
  2. # 1
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Not even close. mod_ruid2 is a security nightmare waiting to happen -- with or without jailshell.
Also, as it will be running mod_php -- it will have all the problems associated with mod_php.
It is easy to enable, but it sucks... - from both security & stability perspective.
  1. 13.06.2013 04:06:05
  2. # 2
Hostking Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
I agree, stick with suphp or fcgi and never change or think of anything else. Also CageFS is great. I\'ll never change :)
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.