Forum
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and cPanel
  1. matthew mcilwraith
  2. Thursday, 21 July 2011
  3.  Subscribe via email
hi

i\'ve just installed cloudlinux, since i was doing it from scratch, i used the cloudlinux iso image instead of converting from an exsisting centos install.

once the system was up and running, i installed cpanel like normal, however while it lists cloudlinux as the os, there\'s no lve button in sight. i\'ve had a quick hunt round the forums and couldent find anything, perhaps someone could help me out (im not terribly experienced with linux im afraid, although i can normally rtfm).

do i still need to run the cpanel2cl script thats used for centos conversions to get cpanel to register it\'s running with lve? or is there a different one i need to use?

many thanks
Rate this post:
  1. 21.07.2011 16:07:35
  2. # 1
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Two things needs to be done:
1. Make sure you register server. If you have activation key, run:
# /usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks --activationkey=<key>
If you have licensed it by ip, run:
# /usr/sbin/clnreg_ks

2. Install lve-stats
yum install lve-stats

After that LVE Manager should appear. One thing to check though, is to run:
/etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting
If if doesn\'t show that hostinglimits module is loaded, you need to recompile Apache via EasyApache.
To do that:
# /scripts/easyapache --build
Or you can use WHM interface for that.
  1. 22.07.2011 21:07:08
  2. # 2
matthew mcilwraith Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
thanks for the reply, it worked a treat.
  1. 03.09.2011 19:09:53
  2. # 3
matthew mcilwraith Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
hi again

im still having some problems getting lve to run.

the manager now appears in cpanel, but its completly empty, my system had somehow become un-authorized, so i\'ve redone that, and updated everything (shows as up to date in my cl control panel)

i\'ve been pokeing round some of the other threads but to no avail, when i try and run lvetop i get command not found, and yet it says lve-utils are installed and up to date.

/etc/init.d/httpd -M|grep hosting
hostinglimits_module (shared)
Syntax OK

uname -r
2.6.18-338.19.1.el5.lve0.8.36

uname -a
Linux server****************** 2.6.18-338.19.1.el5.lve0.8.36 #1 SMP Wed Jul 27 13:20:06 EEST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

any help you could give me would be much appriciated, as i can\'t figure out where i\'ve gone wrong now.
  1. 03.09.2011 20:09:14
  2. # 4
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
is it a live server with live traffic?
Setup some php page on one of the accounts, and hit it repeatedly (either via ab tool, or by refreshing browser page).
There has to be some live traffic for you to see lve data.
If you still have any issues -- contact support at helpdesk.cloudlinux.com -- and we will help you.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.