SecureLVE and cPanel questions
Forum
  1. Forums
  2. CloudLinux and Control Panels
  3. CloudLinux and cPanel
  1. Christos Panagiotakis
  2. Thursday, 26 May 2011
  3.  Subscribe via email
It maybe sounds silly but, how exactly it works ?

Basically, does it work with cPanel ?

Looking that:

SecureLVE is a new security extension of CloudLinux. It virtualizes file system for end user, making sure that user can see only its own files.

Once user logs in, or if CronJob or CGI/PHP for that user is executed, SecureLVE detects that the user should be secured, and mounts (if they weren\'t mounted yet) all necessary directories

I start testing

Shell doesn\'t work
securelve_sh it on /etc/shells, user can ssh when not in securelve_sh
but on securelve it connects and automatically the same time it disconnets.

For example:
May 25 02:24:02 sshd[11061]: Accepted password for xxx ssh2
May 25 02:24:02 sshd[11061]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user xxx by (uid=0)
May 25 02:24:02 sshd[11061]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user xxx

Also, checking with a PHP filemanager I could see anything on the disk.

Thinking that this is something like chrooted/jail environment, I hoped to see empty /etc/passwd (chrooted), no other files except the user\'s and so on...

Maybe I did something wrong ? Or cPanel messes around and it doesn\'t work properly ?
Rate this post:
  1. 26.05.2011 16:05:04
  2. # 1
Igor Seletskiy Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
It doesn\'t work with cPanel yet, though we are getting close. I hope in 3 weeks to have a beta.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar,pdf
• Insert • Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 2 MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.